We never thought we'd see the day, but with colder LA temperatures and now wet weather to boot, we've taken the plunge: we bought our pit bull Stella a little dog hoodie. She is so cold every morning that she shivers through the entire hour walk and at night, she can't go potty without shaking like a mad-woman. Those little pits don't have any fat on them to keep them warm! Several clients have purchased similar hoodies and jackets for their bullies and we know why!
We've rounded up some great options for pooches that are too small or too lean to brave the cold without a little protection:
- Green Toggle Parka, $73 - Might be a little bit much for LA weather, but if this week's weather keeps up, it certainly wouldn't hurt. Would also be great for all that snow in Mammoth and Big Bear.
- Arctic Jacket, $10.99 - Again, might be a tad over the top, but at that price, why the heck not?
- Base Dog Raincoat, $44.95 - It is pouring rain as we type so while this may seem silly, it seems perfectly reasonable right about...now.
- Trench Coat w/Hood, $64.95 - The hat is a show-stopper because it's so difficult to keep a hood on a dog's head while on a vigorous walk without covering their eyes completely!
- Northwind Fleece, $40.00 - Very similar to the one we found for Stella, nice and warm, but very functional. Not a lot of bells and whistles but gets the job done.