News from the dogosphere:
- The protests for Congo, a 2 1/2 year old German shepherd who was sentenced to death for mauling a gardener, are getting heated. Many supporters of the German shepherd hold that it is the gardener's fault, not the dog's. The gardener confronted the dog with a rake, then ran to the dog's owner and pulled her to the ground in fear...something that would provoke many dogs to believe their owner is in danger and protect them accordingly. While Congo has escaped euthanasia for the moment, the judge in the case is receiving death threats.
- Bad Rap describes a pit bull comment we hear every day when we walk our own and it frustrates us to no end. After getting angry about it, they've decided to make a kids and pit bulls calendar.
- Michael Vick surrenders in dog fighting case...it's about time.
- Fresh from the L.A. Auto show, dogcars.com highlights the latest cars that have dogs very much in mind and in design.
- Pet Connection offers a look back at the nightmare year of pet food recalls, and offers the final results of a study on what actually went so wrong.
- The Bark highlights a very disconcerting "lemon law" for dogs that are deemed not up to snuff by their new owners. Why oh why oh why isn't there a lemon law for dogs so they can complain to the appropriate authorities and return their owners for better ones?